Yonge & College Optometry strives to provide its patients with access to advanced diagnostic equipment to provide the best vision care – and all under one roof. We are pleased to offer four advanced diagnostic tests to help assess and treat your eye problems.
Diagnostic Ocular Measuring System
An automated diagnostic pretesting system that provides quick and accurate measurements.
- Autorefractometer- Measures the refractive error of the ocular surface (the amount of visual impairment present)
- Autokeratometer- Measures corneal curvature and power
Generates non-invasive digital images of the internal eye structures.
- Produces high-resolution digital retinal images in seconds
- Excellent for early detection of retinal diseases
- Excellent for early detection and management of ocular problems such as: Diabetic eye disease, Glaucoma and other diseases of the optic nerve, Macular degeneration, hypertensive retinopathy, Branch or central retinal vein/artery occlusions
- These images allow for excellent reference points in future comparisons and allow easy monitoring of changes that may be occurring
Threshold Visual Field Testing
Peripheral visual field testing.
- The “visual field” of a person is considered the entire area of space that a person is able to visualize
- Our visual field analyzer uses frequency doubling technology to map the extent of a person’s peripheral vision
- Assists in the detection of early glaucomatous changes of the optic nerve
- Assists in the detection of central or peripheral retinal disease
- Assists in the detection of any diseases affecting the visual pathways within the brain, for example many neurological disorders such as tumors, strokes and aneurysms
Corneal thickness measurement using ultrasound technology.
- An essential measurement when considering refractive surgeries such as LASIK or PRK
- Useful in screening patients who are suspected of developing glaucoma